Sunday 24 November 2013

My List of DIY Wedding Projects

I have quite the list of DIY wedding ideas. All the decor is matching, same ribbon, same paper, same embossing powder, same ink, so I placed a huge order from a scrapbooking wholesaler for all the craft supplies. Most are still rattling around in my head, but here is the list so far:

Flowers 
Cost $20 - Maple leaves, floral tape, floral wire, twine, ribbon
For the bouquets, boutonnieres and aisle ceremony decorations we are sticking to the Autumn theme. We will roll fake maple leaves into roses and add wheat as the accent. Mitch is from the east (maple leaves) and I am from the west (wheat) so the flowers will be a blending of the two!
This is where I originally got the idea:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/160166858/fall-wedding-bouquet-fall-wedding-unique?
And this is the tutorial I will follow:
http://www.designsponge.com/2011/10/diy-project-autumn-leaf-bouquet.html

Ribbon Wand Send-Off 
Cost $50 - Wooden dowels, ribbon, screw eyes
The Buffalo Mountain Meadow is very strict when it comes to disrupting the environment, this includes throwing rice, flower petals or anything else that might damage the grass, attract or be harmful to animals. So we will use ribbon wands for a unique send off! I found wooden dowels at the dollar store for a pretty good price. Home hardware had packages of metal screw eyes for $3 for a package of 15 so I picked up a few of those. I will post them when they are finished!
I ordered all the ribbon from: http://www.galeswholesale.com

Instant Photo booth 
Cost $170 - Instax film, ribbon
I wanted to do a photo booth but there isn't enough room at the reception, so instead we are doing an instant photo booth with our Fuji Instax camera (like a Polaroid camera but cheaper) that we already own. The backdrop is going to be made of thick ribbons in our colors, that were also ordered from Gales Wholesale. I think I am also going to hang the banner we used for our Save the Date photos that says "Banff Alberta" at the top of the ribbon wall. By the way, LOVE dealing with Gale's so far, very friendly and helpful, have almost everything I need for the entire DIY process and excellent prices! They even called me when the order was put through with a few items that were discontinued and helped me chose comparable items. The order came in yesterday and everything is exactly what I wanted!
I ordered 10 packs of instax film from: http://www.eyecandys.com and they should arrive soon!

Photo booth Sign
Cost $0
Making a small sign to go beside the photo booth and guest book. The title, "Photobooth" will be made on the cutter with the inner letters embossed bronze. The writing will be printed on vellum, inked and put onto foam board with an easel.

Cake Topper 
Cost $2 - Brown paint
I have designed the cake topper already using Make the Cut software. I hghly recommend the software if you have a scrap book cutter, it allows you to cut out custom words and photos, I merged two fonts for the topper, Before the Rain and Invitation Script. The cutter I use is the Gazelle Bosskut. The outer piece is going to be cut out on foam core at work and painted brown, the next shadow will be on beige paper, and the inner most piece is going to be embossed bronze.
Cutter software: http://www.make-the-cut.com/
Cutter: http://www.bosskut.com/

Card Box
Cost $6 - Boxes
The card box will be made of two boxes I found at the dollar store in our wedding colors. They will be stacked on top of each other with a slit in the top. I will cut "Cards" out with my cutter and emboss it with bronze, with a brown shadow. I will add some ribbon around the boxes.

Bar Sign
Cost $0 - paper, embossing ink and powder, eyelets, ribbon
I already have everything required to make the bar sign. Same style as the other projects, printed on vellum, inked the edge, stamp a few embossed leaves, put eyelets and ribbon on the bottom and mount it on a foamcore board painted brown with an easel backing or in an 11x14 floating document frame.

Chalkboard
Cost $0 - Chalkboard paint
We will use chalkboards to write "thank you" on for our thank you cards. We have a broken frame at work that I will put a piece of matt board in and paint with chalk board paint that we are borrowing. Also using the signs for the "Ceremony" and "Celebrate" directional signs.

Potpourri Centerpieces 
Cost $3 - DIY potpourri, jars, ribbon, twine, rice
I am doing non-floral centerpieces and sticking with the Autumn, rustic theme. I will make my own Autumn inspired potpourri out of pine cones and acorns that I might sprinkle with a bit of embossing powder. Sticking them in glass jars we will collect of various sizes. Some jars will be only potpourri, some only wheat and some a combination of both. Wrapping the wheat and jars with ribbon and twine. Mitch came up with the idea of putting a layer of rice on the bottom to symbolize our time spent in Japan. So only cost for the centerpieces is a bag of rice.

Guestbook
Cost $0, leftover scrap booking supplies 
Despite my previous post about what my guestbook was like, I have made a guestbook scrapbook! It is gorgeous! Will have to make a post about it soon!

Programs
Cost $0 
I have already designed the programs but don't want to post them until the bridal party is official. They will be a trifold and have a pouch for our ribbon wands. I mention the ribbon wands, unplugged ceremony and the group photo after the ceremony as well as the bridal party. Printing them off ourselves.

Invites:
Cost $40 - paper, powder, ink, eyelets, postage stamps
Our invites are too hard to explain, involving embossing powder, bronze eyelets, leaf stamps, vellum and some layering card stock.

I'm sure there are most things that I will think of and will add to the list as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment