Sunday 1 December 2013

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

I decided I wanted to ask my bridal party in a special way, with a "Will you be my bridesmaid?" box. A lot of the wedding crafts I am planning on doing is in the same style so it was good practice!


Supplies:
Boxes
Tissue paper
Roll of twine 
1 12x12 brown paper
1 12x12 beige paper
2 8.5x11 pages of vellum
Bronze embossing powder
Empossing ink and embossing tool
Tank tops
Paint chips in our colors
Embossing pen
Brown ink
Bronze Eyelet
3d Tape

Time: 
Took a long time but I loved doing it. Probably about 12 hours total.



I went to the hardware store and picked out our colours from the paint chips. I grabbed a blank one and embossed it with bronze embossing powder to show our accent colour. The top piece I wrote with an embossing pen and embossed it with bronze embossing powder too and inked the edge. 


Tied them together with leftover twine I had.



I designed their duties in photoshop and printed them on vellum:

The Big Day
What: Mitch and I are tying the knot! We will be having a small ceremony of 70 guests.
When: September 21, 2014
Where: The ceremony will be in the Buffalo Mountain Meadow
The reception will be in the Buffalo Mountain Lodge


The Weekend
Friday: Bachelorette party!
Saturday
1:00-4:00 Welcome picnic
4:30 Ceremony rehearsal
Sunday
9:00 Start on hair in the Bridal Party suite at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge. Don’t worry, it’s free!
11:00 Getting ready photos
1:00 Ceremony
1:30 Group photo and bridal party photos
2:00 Reception begins with our first dance
2:05 Toasts
2:15 Father/daughter, Mother/son dance
4:00 Cake cutting
4:30 Garter and bouquet toss
5:00 Exit

Your look
I want you to feel completely comfortable in your dress so all I am doing is choosing the color and fabric and leaving the rest up to you! For shoes I am thinking simple beige flats. Don’t want those heels sinking into the grass at the meadow!
Fabric: Chiffon
Colour: Brown

Your Role
I want your role to be simple and stress free, all I ask is:
Show up at the bachelorette party to go dancing.
Show up at the welcome picnic and ceremony rehearsal.
Wear a pretty dress.
Hold pretty flowers.
I may recruit you for some artsy stuff in exchange for wine.
And most of all, I want you to have fun!


After printing the duties on vellum, I cut out the 
background paper, inked them both and stuck em together.



I tied these together with twine too

I made the t-shirt design in photoshop and ordered these for all the girls. 

Put everything into the box with some beige tissue paper. 


Her name: I cut out her name and shadow using my scrapbooking cutter and embossed the inner letters. The shadow I inked. Stuck it to the box with 3d tape.

Tag: I wrote out "Will you be my bridesmaid?" in photoshop and printed it on vellum. I inked the edge of the vellum and taped it to a tag. Inked the tag. Put an eyelet on the tag. Wrapped the twine around the box and tied the tag on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment